June 9th – Super Regionals Added to FTC – What is a COTS ?!
June 9th – GSJS Outreach program @ Ocean Center 2-4pm plan to attend!
- Beginning this season, teams in the U.S. will advance from state or regional-level Championships to one of four Super-Regionals, before advancing to the FTC World Championship. The Super-Regionals are slated to take place in Northern California, Texas, Iowa and Pennsylvania.
- Review what COTS is (Commercial Off The Shelf) – Basically raw materials are allowed! Examples include extruded shapes made from any material, including plastics, metals and composites. Any material that has been formed or machined after extrusion is considered a COTS.
- Exception to the non-COTS rule:
- Linear slides
- Non-motorized turntables and lazy susans
- Lead screws and threaded rod, plus compatible nuts
- Servo blocks
- #25 chain and compatible connector links and half links.
Goal for Tuesday June 4th FLL Meeting
- Work on organizing Kit of Parts and Robot Bins
- Continue to work on programming and building attachments to complete individual missions.